Southern Family Camp 2017
Labor Day Weekend, September 2–4
What does it truly mean to be "blessed"? When the Lord Jesus was speaking to His followers early in His earthly ministry, He began an important sermon with a list of surprising statements about the life of the blessed. At this year's Southern Family Camp, we will be considering what these eight blessed characteristics—often referred to as the Beatitudes—mean in our twenty-first century context. Bring the whole family and meet us Labor Day weekend at Camp Horizon, in Leesburg, Florida, for BLESSED: It's Time for a Be-Attitude Check! Click below to register.
Southern Youth Retreat 2017
Presidents Day Weekend, February 18–20
We had a lovely weekend together as we meditated on what the Lord Jesus means as He calls us to worship the Father "in spirit and truth." If you would like a taste of the weekend, you can enjoy recordings and notes from the morning messages.
Southern Family Camp 2016
Labor Day Weekend, September 3–5
We had a rewarding weekend at family camp this year, with around eighty people of all ages joining us. We considered the challenge to "run with endurance the race that is set before us." It was nice to have so many babies and very small children this year—promising for the years to come! Click below to see a beautiful slideshow of camp images compiled by Yalitza Ledgister, and we have posted the three morning messages as well.
Recordings from Southern Family Camp 2016
Information about Camp Horizon
Our annual family camp and youth retreat are held at Camp Horizon in Leesburg, Florida, which is about thirty minutes north of Orlando. Located on beautiful Lake Harris, the camp has been our "home away from home" for over twenty years. If you plan to attend one of our events at the camp, here are a couple things to take note of as you make your packing list:
7369 Sunnyside Drive, Leesburg, FL 34748
- All of the buildings are air conditioned, including the chapel and cabins
- You will need to bring your own linens: pillows with cases, sheets, blankets, towels
- It's a good idea to pack some bug spray (this is Central Florida after all!)
- Bring modest swimwear if you plan to use the pool (no two-piece bathing suits)
- Bring a flashlight with you and leave all other gadgets at home (TVs, video games, radios, etc.)
- Although cell phones are allowed, they should be used with wisdom, respect, and restraint; otherwise, you will be asked to give it to the administration for the duration of the event
- No tobacco products, alcohol, or drugs (prescription medications should only be administered by parents/guardians or the camp nurse)
Recordings from Southern Youth Retreat 2016
RECORDINGS from Family Camp 2015
Here you can listen to some of the messages from our Family Camp weekend considering "The God of Noah"
In this section you can enjoy some pictures and videos from past camps and youth retreats.